Super Visa for parents & grand parents
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa and enjoy visiting your family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew your status.
To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
• be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
• be found admissible to Canada; and
• meet certain other conditions
To be a sponsor you need to meet the following conditions:
• Provide an invitation letter
• Support financially the parents / grandparents in Canada. (a minimum income is required)
• Buy Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year for the parents / grandparents.