Foreign Student Authorization
More than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to learn English or French.
Generally to study in Canada, a foreign student may need a study permit, and/or a temporary resident visa. A study permit identifies the level of learning and length of time the individual may study in Canada.
Study Permit requirements:
- Satisfy an officer that he/she will leave Canada at the end of the studies;
- Have a letter of acceptance from an educational institution;
- Prove that he/has money for the duration of the stay in Canada to pay for: ;
• Tuition fees
• Living expenses
• Transportation costs to and from Canada
- Be law-abiding and have no record of criminal activity; (provide a police certificate)
- Produce any additional documents requested by the officer to establish the admissibility;
- Not be a risk to the security of Canada;
- Be in good health (complete a medical examination, if required).